Lunar Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacteria's resistance to antibiotics and global warming

3 posters

Go down

Bacteria's resistance to antibiotics and global warming Empty Bacteria's resistance to antibiotics and global warming

Post by Kromoh Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Haha, weird title, isn't it? Just something I thought of bringing up.

Penicilin, the godly drug discovered in the last century, helped fight many diseases of its day. But what happens now is that, by being exposed to antibiotics so much, bacteria has grown resistant, if not immunie to many antibiotics, and, in the future, could make medicine be way more toxic, or even completely inexistant.

But how does that relate to global warming?

In the state of the situation. There are two trains of thought - one that is alarmist, and the other is more skeptical.

I, personally, as a wannabe doctor, am completely against usage of antibiotics for everyday flu - it should only be used in cases of more serious diseases, and use of the medicine should be accompanied by the doctor - to ensure the treatment isn't interrupted early. Those are the minimal precautions we have.

What's your view on the topic?
Kromoh
Kromoh
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Bacteria's resistance to antibiotics and global warming Empty Re: Bacteria's resistance to antibiotics and global warming

Post by ClouD Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:39 am

I am allergic to penicillin.

I haven't taken antibiotics so much in my life, nor been sick so frequently, though I do think that drugs are thrown around at things nowadays.
ie. "You have ADD, here have some drugs". "You are depressed, here have some more drugs".
ClouD
ClouD

Male Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Bacteria's resistance to antibiotics and global warming Empty Re: Bacteria's resistance to antibiotics and global warming

Post by Kromoh Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:17 am

That's wh yI'm in favour both of psychological treatment and natural cures. Though both could be placebo, it doesn't matter as long as they work.
Kromoh
Kromoh
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by C911 Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:20 pm

It seems to me that drugs dont do a dang thing for me. The only thing that actually helps is the IV at hospitals when you hurt yourself or something. But yes i agree, after a while the bacteria will get largley out grown and will cause a downfall. Al Gore might just be right.
C911
C911

Registration date : 2008-06-04

http://www.myspace.com/motoxdude961

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum